The Clear Creek Amana Community School District is a progressive school district with a focus on advanced learning and continuous improvement. The District’s dedication to young people is reflected in:
- A vision that embraces the complexity of human learning and the excitement that comes from intensely personal learning experiences.
- A commitment to provide the diverse programming options of a large school system while remaining devoted to retaining its personal, small school atmosphere.
- Learning experiences designed to assist each student to meet identified standards that lead to success in future educational, personal, and career endeavors.
- Each student having a personalized learning plan addressing personal goals and experiences in three domains: Learning to Learn, Learning to Do, and Learning to Be.
- All teachers maintaining electronic instructional unit plans and curriculum maps to aid in reflective practice and improvement.
- Professional learning teams that function throughout the school year to design common instructional units which incorporate evidence-based practices.
- Teacher leaders actively engaged in guiding year-long professional development activities which occur weekly throughout the school year.